Chicago Bungalow Association's Energy Savers Grant
About the Energy Savers Grant
This grant provides weatherization services to vintage home owners in the City of Chicago. By insulating and sealing your home, the program can help lower gas and electric bills, reduce drafts, increase comfort during cold winter and hot summer months, and increase the value of your home.
Weatherization services may include:
- Sealing leaks and gaps in the attic, basement and sidewalls;
- Attic, wall and crawlspace insulation;
- Weather stripping around windows and doors.
To qualify for the Energy$avers Grant program, you need the following:
- A certified bungalow with CBA;
- Household income must be at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI);
- A vintage family home built more than 50 years ago;
- You have not received a previous grant from the CBA.
NOTE: If your application is preliminarily approved, a participating weatherization contractor will contact you to schedule an energy assessment of your home. CBA is concerned about your health and safety. If health and safety issues are discovered during the assessment, we may ask that you resolve the issues before work can be done.
Important Disclaimer: The Energy Savers Grant is available for a limited time only and on a first-come, first-served basis.