All images, web site design elements, text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, other content, the presentation, selection and arrangement thereof, and all software
Copyright ©1997–2016 Citizens Utility Board or its licensees.
309 West Washington Street, Suite 800, Chicago, Illinois 60606
Fax (312) 263-4329
By accessing this web site you accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU, THE END USER, AND THE CITIZENS UTILITY BOARD (CUB). BY ACCESSING THIS WEB SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS THIS WEB SITE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. CUB grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to view using a browser and to cache the information and data generated by this web site (the “Materials”), solely for internal, non-commercial use. You may not copy, reverse engineer, translate, distribute, modify or make derivative works of the Materials. You may not publish, market, or otherwise transfer the Materials or use them in any manner not expressly authorized by this Agreement. You shall not derive or attempt to derive the source code, source files or structure of all or any portion of the Materials by reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or any other means. You shall not use the Materials to operate a service bureau or for any other use involving the processing of data of other persons or entities. You do not receive any ownership rights in the Materials. The Materials are copyrighted and may not be copied, even if modified or merged with other Materials. You shall not alter or remove any copyright notice or proprietary legend contained in or on the Materials. The trademarks and servicemarks and any designs associated with any marks on the web site are trademarks and/or service marks of CUB. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of trademarks, service marks, product names and company names or logos, including the reproduction, modification, distribution or republication of same without the prior written permission of CUB, is strictly prohibited. Other trademarks, service marks, tradenames and company logos referenced are the property of their respective owners.
2. LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Materials are provided to you on an AS IS and WITH ALL FAULTS basis. You assume the entire risk of loss in using the Materials. The Materials are complex and may contain some nonconformities, defects or errors. CUB does not warrant that the Materials will meet your needs or expectations, that operations of the Materials will be error free or uninterrupted, or that all nonconformities can or will be corrected. This Limited Warranty is non-transferable.
THE EXPRESS WARRANTY IN THIS SECTION 2 IS A LIMITED WARRANTY AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY CUB. CUB MAKES AND USER RECEIVES NO OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. THE STATED EXPRESS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DAMAGES AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL LIABILITIES OR OBLIGATIONS OF CUB.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CUB BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIM OR LOSS INCURRED BY USER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES OR BUSINESS, EXPENDITURES, INVESTMENTS, OR COMMITMENTS IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BUSINESS, LOSS OF ANY GOODWILL, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR INABILITY TO USE DATA) IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER PROVIDER HAS BEEN INFORMED OF, KNEW OF, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION IN THE AGGREGATE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION, AND OTHER TORTS. IF PROVIDER’S LIMITED WARRANTY OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER BE HELD UNENFORCEABLE OR INAPPLICABLE, USER AGREES THAT PROVIDER’S LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED $1. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or the limitation of duration of an implied warranty, so the limitation or exclusion herein may not apply to you. This warranty shall not be applicable to the extent that any provision of this warranty is prohibited by any federal, state or local law which cannot be preempted. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
3. RECOMMENDATIONS AND SERVICES OF THIS WEBSITE. CUB provides its recommendations and informational services on this website on the basis of information provided by you as to your particular requirements and information provided by other sources, including Illinois gas and electric utilities, suppliers and telecommunications companies (“Providers”):
CUB makes every effort to provide quality service but is not the author of all of the information it provides. CUB acts as a mere conduit of information provided to it by the relevant Providers. Any information regarding price, availability and other information of any product or service is subject to change without notice. CUB accepts no responsibility or liability and does not give any guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning:
the accuracy, completeness, or current nature of the information provided to CUB by the Providers; and the service, content, functionality, operation, compatibility, installability, maintenance, level of service or any other matter in connection with any product or service offering of any Provider; and
any aspect of the terms and conditions of use, installation, function, maintenance, price or payment in connection with any product or service offering of any Provider.
The Providers and other third party companies and state agencies described on the CUB site are not associated or affiliated with CUB, and Providers may not endorse CUB or the information provided, unless otherwise agreed to by CUB. CUB does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection with the Materials. You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any Materials shall be at your sole risk. CUB reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omissions in any portion of the Materials. The bill calculators, rate data and other documentation provided here do not constitute official prices, data or offers of the Providers, nor do these materials depict binding offers of Providers. This website offers a free service to you and other users. The Materials regarding telecommunications, utility and energy service plans/packages are for the purpose of the services provided on this website without charging any additional fees to you, should you proceed to accept a product or service found on this website. Any additional charges by any Provider are a matter for disclosure to you by the Provider at the time you choose to accept any product or service offering of the relevant Provider. Providers do not provide information to CUB for this website under any contractual arrangements between CUB and the Provider. CUB does not act as an agent of the Provider in making any recommendations to you and does not receive a benefit under separate arrangements with the Provider.
4. LINKAGE. CUB links to external web sites in the hope that users will find reference material on utility and public interest-related subjects. Because CUB cannot control those sites, it cannot be held responsible for content included in them. Moreover, in no way should an external link be considered any form of endorsement by CUB. CUB does not guarantee the veracity, reliability or completeness of any information provided in our forum or in any hyperlink appearing on our site. If you ignore our advice to do independent research of company services and choose to make decision based on, or take at face value, opinions found on our forum, you have made a conscious, willing, free, and personal decision to do so.
5. MISCELLANEOUS. CUB makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other states or countries do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use the content in violation of any U.S. export law or regulation.
The Materials are presented in summary form only and are intended to provide broad consumer understanding and knowledge of utility and related topics. Materials are not exhaustive, may not be current, and may not cover all utility options, plans, rates or their terms and conditions.
By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by CUB. CUB collects, retains and may use information about individual customers where CUB believes it would be useful (and allowed by law) in providing you with information, products, services and other opportunities. Any e-mail information, aggregate information on which pages visitors access, and information volunteered by the site visitor, such as feedback, survey information and/or site registrations may be used to improve the content of the CUB web site. CUB also reserves the right to use the information to selectively notify customers and visitors about updates, products, services, activities or upcoming events.
CUB reserves the right to remove, block or restrict access to content located on websites owned, operated or maintained at its sole discretion.
This site is created and controlled by the Citizens Utility Board. The laws of the State of Illinois will govern all terms, conditions and disclaimers on this site, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Jurisdiction and venue of any judicial proceeding shall be in Cook County, Illinois.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. If any part of this Agreement is for any reason found to be unenforceable, all other parts nevertheless remain enforceable.
Failure of CUB to enforce a right under these Terms and Conditions will not act as a waiver of that right or the ability to later assert that right relative to the particular situation involved.
This is the exclusive Agreement between CUB and you regarding its subject matter and supersedes any prior statements or representations. You may not assign any part of this Agreement without CUB’s prior written consent. If any provision of this Agreement is declared invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in effect. Any notice to CUB under this Agreement shall be delivered by U.S. certified mail, return receipt requested, or by overnight courier to CUB at the address above. CUB’s board, licensees and licensors shall be a third party beneficiary of CUB’s rights under this Agreement, but is not a party hereto and shall have no obligation hereunder. The above stated terms, conditions, rules and disclaimers are subject to change without notice, by CUB in its sole and absolute discretion. Such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified agreement on the CUB web site.